Oslo, 2 June
For the third consecutive year, Atea ASA (OSE stock ticker: ATEA) has earned the highest rating in environmental and social performance by EcoVadis: a platinum-level ranking among the top 1% of more than 90,000 companies evaluated.
As part of EcoVadis’s Sustainability Assessment, they looked at Atea’s sustainability performance in multiple areas: environment, ethics, sustainable procurement, as well as labor and human rights.
Atea CEO Steinar Sønsteby welcomed this important achievement: “Sustainability is at the heart of our company’s mission, to build the future with IT. We’re honored by EcoVadis’s recognition of our ongoing efforts in this area, as part of our larger efforts to create and promote meaningful, positive, lasting change in society by leveraging IT solutions.”
Atea CFO Robert Giori added; “Being a market leader means always delivering excellence and sustainability together. EcoVadis’s award reaffirms we are on the right path: empowering our customers, our employees and our vendors to protect the environment through smarter use of IT.”
- Atea has earned many awards for its sustainability work over the last decade. In 2022 alone, it was recognized as the world’s most sustainable IT Services company by Corporate Knights, placing 51st overall in this year’s “Global 100” ranking (January 2022), and was named a Canalys Environmental Partner leader (March 2022).
- In 2021, The Financial Times and data powerhouse Statista ranked Atea among a select group of European companies that have made the greatest progress in curbing their greenhouse gas emissions.
- In 2020 and 2021, Atea was awarded the highest rating (top 1% of 85,000 organizations globally) in environmental and social performance by EcoVadis: a highly respected evaluator of supplier sustainability.
- In 2020 and 2021, Atea received an A-rating for ESG Reporting at the Oslo Stock Exchange (Governance Group).
- Atea published its most recent annual Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability Report in early 2022.
For more information, contact:
Robert Giori, CFO Atea ASA, mobile +47 934 09 188
Andreas Antonsen, Director Corporate Responsibility Atea ASA +46 7 224 48 784
Atea is the leading supplier of IT infrastructure in the Nordic and Baltic regions. Atea is present in 85 cities with over 7,500 employees in Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia. Atea delivers hardware and software from leading global vendors, and provides consulting and technical services to support its customers with the design, implementation and operation of their IT environments. Atea had revenue of approximately NOK 41 billion (EUR 4.1 billion) in 2021 and is listed on Oslo Stock Exchange. www.atea.com