Atea ASA’s Latvian subsidiary, Atea Global Services, has been selected by the Government of Latvia as recipient of its Sustainability Index Fair Trade Award. First established in 2015, it recognizes and celebrates the efforts of companies whose trade, manufacturing and business habits adhere fully to OECD principles of good corporate social responsibility.
In presenting this prestigious award, Zanda Kalniņa-Lukaševica, Latvia’s Parliamentary Secretary of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, underlined Atea Global Service’s valuable contributions to sustainability especially during this challenging period of global pandemic. She noted that intelligent deployment of information technology—facilitated by Atea—is helping organizations today maintain their operations sensibly and reliably during a period of significant hardship.
“We’re honoured by this recognition by the Government of Latvia for our sustainability efforts to date and we’re deeply committed to continue to meet those expectations in the years to come.” - Steinar Sønsteby, CEO Atea ASA
Advocating for greater sustainability is an important value at Atea:
- Atea recently launched Vision 2030: a 10-year plan that sets sustainability targets and provides a comprehensive strategy to meet them year after year.
- Earlier this year, Atea was awarded the highest rating (top 1% of 65 000 organizations globally) in environmental and social performance by EcoVadis, a highly respected evaluator of supplier sustainability
- In 2019, Atea was awarded “Prime” status by Oekom Research AG, one of the world's leading rating agencies in the field of sustainable investment.
- Atea was recently ranked as Industry Leader for sustainability within the IT sector by Nordic-based Sustainable Brand Index B2B (2018)
- Atea was the first IT infrastructure reseller in Europe to join the Responsible Business Alliance and has been a member of the UN Global Compact since 2010
- ISO 14001 certified, Atea continues to make a lasting difference in building a circular economy via goITloop, its innovative reuse-and-recycle program.
For further information, please contact:
Robert Giori, CFO Atea ASA, mobile (+47) 934 09 188
Andreas Antonsen, Director of Corporate Responsibility (+46) 8 633 68 57