Atea ASA (OSE stock ticker: ATEA) has been awarded the highest rating in environmental and social performance by EcoVadis, a highly respected evaluator of supplier sustainability. This achievement ranks Atea in the top 1% of all suppliers evaluated under a collaborative platform used by more than 65,000 companies today.
This latest achievement follows after Atea earned for three successive years EcoVadis’s gold-level ranking. To rate and monitor supplier sustainability, EcoVadis assesses corporate social-responsibility performance, covering 150 purchasing categories in 110 countries. Its evaluation criteria includes: labor practices and human rights, environment, fair business practices and sustainable procurement.
“EcoVadis’s platinum-level recognition comes at an important time in Atea’s history. We are currently launching Vision 2030: the next stage in our company’s long-term strategy of building a better, more sustainable future with IT. We are honored by EcoVadis’s ongoing recognition. It serves as a reminder to us that our efforts continue to move both Atea and society in the right direction.”
— Steinar Sønsteby, CEO Atea ASA.
Advocating for sustainability is a deeply held value at Atea:
- In 2020, Atea launched its multi year sustainability plan featuring five targets to be met over the coming decade.
- Every year, Atea publishes a report that showcases the company’s work in the area of corporate social responsibility. An all-new version of that report will be launched in 2021 in support of its new Vision 2030 plan.
- In 2019, Atea was awarded “Prime” status by Oekom Research AG, one of the world's leading rating agencies in the field of sustainable investment.
- In 2018, Atea was ranked as Industry Leader for sustainability within the IT sector by Nordic-based Sustainable Brand Index.
- Atea was the first IT infrastructure reseller in Europe to join the Responsible Business Alliance and has been a member of the UN Global Compact since 2010
- ISO 14001 certified, Atea continues to make a lasting difference in building a circular economy via goITloop, its innovative reuse-and-recycle program.
Robert Giori, CFO: (+47) 934 09 188
Andreas Antonsen, Director of Corporate Responsibility (+46) 8 633 68 57
Atea is the leading supplier of IT infrastructure and system integration in the Nordic and Baltic regions with more than 7,500 employees. Atea is present in 85 cities in Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia. Atea delivers IT products from leading vendors and assists its customers with specialist competencies within IT infrastructure services. Atea had revenue of approximately NOK 37 billion in 2019 and is listed on Oslo Stock Exchange. www.atea.com